The best thing about this recipe is that it’s incredibly versatile, easy to make in bulk and full of all things good for you!
I’ve just raided my fridge and cupboards and picked up a couple of things from the shop and thrown them together! You’ll need some base ingredients but this recipe is one that you can put together on a Sunday afternoon, freeze it in batches and have it during the week if you’re tight for time!
Below is the list of ingredients I used but you haven’t got to have as much veg as I did if you don’t have it/ don’t want to buy it all, I just had a lot in my fridge to use!
– 500g of beef mince.
– 1 red bell pepper, diced.
– 1 green bell pepper, diced.
– 1 large red onion, diced.
– 5 mushrooms, chopped.
– 3 sticks of celery, diced.
– 2 garlic cloves, diced.
– 1 tsp ground chili powder.
– 1 tsp of curry powder.
– 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes.
– 2 tsps sea salt.
– 1 can of kidney beans.
– 1 can of chickpeas.
– 3 cups of stock (chicken, beef or vegetable – chefs preference).
– 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
– Coriander to garnish.
1) In a large casserole pot on the hob, brown off the mince and set aside
2) In the same pot, cook the onion and bell peppers until the onions are translucent – roughly 10 minutes on a medium-high heat.
3) Throw in the garlic and after 30 seconds add the rest of the vegetables.
4) Add the spices and salt and make sure all the vegetables are well coated.
5) Pour in the stock, put on the lid and leave for 30 minutes on a medium-low heat.
6) Add the browned mince, tomatoes, beans and chickpeas and stir well. Put the lid on and leave on the same heat until thickened – roughly 30 minutes.
7) Garnish with coriander and serve with fluffy white rice.
Until next time!